Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thoughts and training

So three weeks ago I banged up my left shoulder performing a 2 hands anyhow with a 48kg KB and a 32 KG bell. After the bent press and curl I disregarded screwing my top shoulder back in and as I began to stand up I heard some rice crispies in my shoulder as it began to pull away from my body. Common sense told me to drop the bells and just walk away. It took about 3 weeks of rehab (arm bars, half getups + halos) before I could comfortably press a 32 kg bell again but at least it is progress.

Today I had the resident physical therapist take a look at the shoulder in hopes that he would give me some good news (no rotator cuff or labral dammage). Thank god his assessment revealed just an anterior capsule sprain. The better news? After three weeks of almost no pressing, I CAN PRESS AGAIN.... "just take it easy" he said.

Workout:

Full body mobility:
-Stiff Leg DL x3
-Hang Clean x3
-Front Squat x3

Front Squats:
185 x5
255 x4
275 x 3
305 x2 x2
315 x1

Sea- Saw presses
24kg (keeping it light) 5x5

superseted with 16kg overhand false grip pull-up
5x5

16 kg snatch - 500 reps performed in 16:40 minutes
sets of 25 w/out putting the kb down
-i think i could have easily broke 15 minutes but i rested overhead 3 x to chalk my hands

No comments: